Tuesday, October 16, 2007
I LOVE OLD LADIES AND TUESDAYS!!
Okay so every Tuesday my friend Rochelle and I get together and cook or do a craft. I guess it is our excuse for the two of us to gab away the afternoon. About a week ago we were watching an episode of Oprah. It was about Jessica Sienfeld's cook book called "Deceptively Delicious". The story behind it is getting her childeren to eat better by puting pureed veggies in everyday foods. We both HAD to have a copy and so Rochelle buzzed around town and got us the last 2 copies!! Today was the Tuesday set aside to get our veggies pureed. Upon heading to Rochelle's I stopped by the grocery store to pick up a few items. First on my list was butternut squash. Okay so I have never purchased one before let alone know what one looks like! As I entered the produce section of the store I saw a display saying "Assorted Squash". I think to myslef okay now all I have to do is figure out which one is butternut! After looking at the display for a coulpe of minutes I decied I have no idea. I see an older lady and say: "I am sorry Mrs. but can you please show me which one of these squashes is butternut?" Now lets just think about how tall I am and the fact that I don't look 21 I actually probably look more like 16. So she lets me know which one it is and then second quesses her self. As another older lady approaches us, she grabs her to make sure I get the right squach! Then they continued to both educate me on all of the different kinds squash, from which on tastes the best to how to cook it. I thank them both for their time and help and stroll over to the spinach. This is where the first lady touches me on the shoulder and lets me know all about spinach and the expiration date. I just love these two ladies, they were so cute and very helpful. There are not many people who will be so kind to help you when you are at the grocery store. Well, I finally made it to my friends house and we began the road down pureed veggies. We had so much fun doing this and we are so excited to try out our new recipies! I can't tell my husband which recipies have a puree in them though or else he probably won't eat it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You girls are so funny! I really do want to try the pureed stuff. I think it would be good for Lauren since she is so picky! Love the blog! Keep 'em coming!
I know, random person, but once someone links someone else, we all visit. How did the veggies go? I saw the same Oprah and am excited to try it out too. Grace & Audrey hate veggies at this point! Anything to be healthier! have a great day! ~jamie jolley
Post a Comment